Tuesday, January 15, 2008

24 Hour Megaswim for MS

As a member of the Glamourhead Sharks gay and lesbian swimming team I am participating in the continuous 24 hour swim to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis. I participate in this event each year.

The 2008 Mega Swim will be held from 6:00 P.M. on Friday the 8th of February to 6:00 P.M. Saturday the 9th of February. The 24hr Mega Swim is a fun team event which raises money for Multiple Sclerosis Limited NSW/VIC "Go For Gold" Scholarship program. Each team is made up of no more than 15 swimmers and the team must have one of their team swimmers in the water throughout the entire 24 hours.

I will be swimming a 90 minute shift in the early hours of Saturday morning( like 2 am). Typically I would swim about 80 50 metre lengths in an hour averaging about 4 kilometres an hour, so I expect to cover six kilometres in 90 minutes. If you would like to sponsor me in this event or make a small donation to MS it would be greatly appreciated. I have a receipt book and all donations over $2 are allowable tax deductions.

Here is my page if you would like to sponsor me online:


http://mssociety.org.au/MegaSwim/Page.aspx?pid=238&srcid=239&frsid=317



Some of you may have noticed posters around the place for the Asia Pacific Outgames. This international event is being held in Melbourne at the end of this month for three days. I am part of the organizing committee for the three day swimming competition which is being held at Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre. I will mostly be on the pool deck organizing the event but hope to compete in a few events if possible.


1 comment:

Dana said...

4 ks an hour is really good -- I'm imperessed! Is there somewhere we can make a donation online?